Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

A New Deck Ramble



From top L-R: King of Pentacles, Ace of wands, Ace of Cups. Bottom L-R The High Priestess, 4 of Swords) 

I received my Tarot of the Hidden Realm (by Barbara Moore, art by Julia Jeffrey) a couple of days ago and I am in love.
These cards are absolutely beautiful.  I have posted a picture of some of my favourite images from the deck. however every image is enchanting
I was unsure about how good these would be to read with due to the lack of traditional symbols, however I think the expressive faces tell you everything you need to know.
For an intuitive reader they are an absolute delight as these cards speak to you from core level.

I was quite surprised by my choice of deck, as the muted earthy tones are a far cry from my usual deck, which is vibrant and lively with a lot of background imagery, however I feel this may be part of the attraction to this deck.  Beguiling fae beckon you to look closely, and listen carefully. The artwork is captivating, I am totally blown away

I'm not an avid fan of 'traditional' decks.  I do own a Rider Waite Smith deck but the imagery leaves me cold.  For traditional learning methods it is a good deck, however I've never done anything by the rules, I've got by this long on bending them or making my own, and its always worked for me.

I do study my RWS and have several tarot books, I do try and absorb traditional meanings but, as in every aspect of life, everyones view is different, not right or wrong, just different and some of my tarot books although conveying similar messages can be  'off the mark' for me.

Its a lifelong process and who knows, if I'm still alive and kicking in 25 years time I may just have got some handle on 'traditional' meanings.  But for now its all about going with the flow, its something I've suppressed for many years due to various issues, and I now feel comfortable in my slightly sagging skin to take control and follow my heart.

As for the here and now, I'm just going to get to know these beautiful creatures because I feel this is going to be a very happy relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment